Monday, August 12, 2019

MoneyWalk 14 Give And It Shall Be Given Unto You!

This program will help you undo financial bondage.

You might think you must now hold on tightly to your money and possessions because times have gotten very tough financially. However, God's financial plan works much different than what your human mind can comprehend. You must accept revelation from the Holy Spirit in order to understand that opening your hands to give to others does not cause a transfer of money that hurts your financial position. Rather, a continual heart of responsible giving from a proportionate share of all income the LORD provides you actually opens up the windows of Heaven to pour out continual blessings and rewards upon you, including financial.

Years ago, I put myself under a tremendous burden of debt by taking out many loans I did not need (student, cars, furniture, etc.) and continuing in that activity for over a decade. I should have saved money and bought things I really needed with cash and did without other things (many of which I cannot even remember) until I was in a position to purchase them debt-free. However, I thought I was very wise by managing my life the same way as many others around me. Thank God I noticed the devastation this was causing in my life. My finances were in shambles and I desperately needed help. I was looking for a way out of bondage and tried to follow most everything to get me out except biblical principles. None of it worked. They gave me false hope and encumbered me with more debt still buying experiences and things I really didn’t need at the time trying to live like people said I deserved while posturing myself to fake it til I make it.

Upon accepting Jesus Christ as Savior and LORD in 1992, I started praying, studying the bible, and attending a local Church to find out the way He instructs people to live to become more like Him. The Holy Spirit spoke to me directly and thru a few sermons about giving to spread the gospel and draw people to Christ as one of the major actions He guides people to engage to show His love and how this also helps them get out of debt because they then open their hands to receive and manage income and assets well in order to get the most out of them for the glory of God.

Prior to salvation, I would have thought it was outrageous to believe giving would help me get out of debt. Yet when I searched the scriptures for answers to relieve my bondage, I was led to passages confirming actions leading to fruitfulness and true success that confound worldly beliefs, which are in essence foolishness leading to greater troubles. So, I began tithing and offering believing God would deliver on His promise to meet all my need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. It absolutely works. We have been giving 11%, 20%, and then upwards of 30% of our gross monthly income since being born again. This along with other principles like controlling our appetite for material things, planning / budgeting, making extra principle payments and other arrangements to eliminate debt, and refusing to cosign other people’s debts have put us in a debt-free possession since 1998 and made us multi-millionaires about a decade and a half later.

When you show yourself and others you are committed to resolving problems using His principles, you'll begin to see increases in your income and net worth through better money management, promotions, gifts from well-wishers, deals at stores, inheritances, and other supernatural provision. It is absolutely true that He is the one who already allows you to get all the money you will ever have. And it is equally true that He will give back to you a far greater measure than what you give, when you give a reasonable proportion of it to gospel ministry for His glory to be displayed in the earth and to help other people.

Please pray for this ministry, email me with any questions, and contact me to speak at your business or ministry conference or workshop. May the LORD bless you richly as you follow His plan!

Proverbs 11:24-25, Proverbs 19:17, Luke 6:38, 2Corinthians 9:7

Please forward these bondage-breaking articles to other people who can use helpful insight!

You can find books authored by Randy Parlor and Karen Parlor at www.Amazon.com

You can find many other MoneyWalk articles on Facebook by looking at the NOTES created by Randy Parlor at https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000444069041&sk=notes.

You can connect with Randy Parlor on Twitter and Linkedin

You can also view and/or listen to MoneyWalk articles at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXnztOIesOKIrSd_H6c-8mQ

No comments: